The Learning Circle is a preschool and kindergarten for children ages 2.9 through 6 which serves Canton, Milton and the surrounding communities. Preschool programs are half-day, with two, three, five day, enrichment and extended day options. Early drop off begins at 7:30am and children may stay as late as 4;30pm. Please see the Hours information below for details. Each classroom is carefully balanced to assure an enriching experience for all the children, and is staffed by fully trained, professional and experienced teachers. The Learning Circle Preschool places great emphasis on individual attention, and the children who attend enjoy a low student / teacher ratio.
A typical day at school might include
- Class meeting to sing hello, share conversation, sing songs or read, and plan the days activities
- Activity periods with access to sensory materials, painting and gluing tables, science and observation, dough or clay, blocks, math manipulatives, puzzles, dramatic play, writing tables
- Nutritious and varied snack
- Quiet reading times
- Small group music and creative movement
- Small group library and book discussion times
- Outdoor play
- Meeting to say good-bye and reflect on the day
All curriculum choices follow the Massachusetts Department of Education’s Guidelines for Preschool Age Children and the Kindergarten curriculum frameworks, and are informed by the NAEYC criteria for the best practices in early childhood programs.